To receive a report of the Chief Executive Designate, seeking EHCC agreement to organisational and senior management changes.
The Employment in Hampshire County Council (EHCC) Committee considered a report of the Chief Executive Designate regarding organisational and senior management changes required as a result of the current Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Resources being appointed as the next Chief Executive from 19 July 2021.
It was noted that the current Assistant Chief Executive would remain in post until October 2021 to assist with a smooth transition of Chief Executive. Members asked questions for clarification. It was noted that the two deputy Chief Executive’s would have equal standing, and an arrangement would be established so that it was clear who was deputising at any one time.
The EHCC Committee agree the organisational and senior management changes necessary as a result of the current Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Resources being appointed as the County Councils next Chief Executive, commencing 19 July 2021 as follows:-
· To delete the post of Director of Corporate Resources.
· To agree the expansion of the role of the current Head of Finance and redesignate to Director of Corporate Operations / Chief Financial Officer and, with an appointment panel in early September followed by a recommendation to County Council on 30 September in line with the requirements of the Constitution regarding this Statutory Appointment.
· To agree the expansion of the current Assistant Director Human Resources & Workforce Development and redesignate to Director of Human Resources, Organisational Development & Customer Engagement Services, with a Member Appointment Panel in early September.
· To agree to redesignate the current Corporate Finance Manager role to Head of Finance and this role holder will be the Deputy Chief Finance Officer for the County Council, with a Member Appointment Panel in early September.
· To note that the current Head of Pensions will become the Deputy Chief Finance Officer for the Pension Fund.
· To agree the expansion of the current role of the Head of Shared Services and redesignate as Director of Shared Services, with a Member Appointment Panel in early September
· To agree that the following posts will be appointed to on an interim basis with effect from 19 July:-
- Director of Corporate Operations / Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Human Resources, Organisational Development &
Customer Engagement Services
- Head of Finance
- Director of Shared Services
With a report to County Council on 22 July to appoint the Chief Financial Officer on an interim basis as required in line with Constitutional requirements regarding this Statutory Appointment.
· To agree the appointment of two Deputy Chief Executive roles through due process and appointment by the Chief Executive, open to current members of the Corporate Management Team.
· Agree to the creation of a new Assistant Chief Executive role reporting directly to the Chief Executive, focussing on Partnerships, to be filled through an open recruitment process.
· It is also proposed that subject to Member appointment panel, delegated authority be given to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Chairman of the EHCC Committee to set salary rates for each of the post holders referred to in this report which are reflective of the established rates for the posts.